Thursday, September 5, 2013

Beauty in a World Full of Pain

Wow, I can hardly believe it's been over a year since my last post. My little angel would be 1 yr. 9 months and 6 days old. I can only imagine the smiles and laughter this almost 2 yr. old would bring us. Even though she was only with us for a short while, she has forever changed me. Through my tragedy I have been able to see how precious this life is and on most days I will choose to see the beauty in a world full of pain. I will stop and cherish these moments knowing that tomorrow is not promised to any of us. My "strong" days have become more frequent, but even on those "strong" days I've come to understand that I will always feel the sting of losing my baby, day in and day out... this is something that will never change. Without her in my life there is a piece of me that will always be missing.

I've joined a couple of pages on Facebook that offer support for those who have lost babies. It has been a great source of healing and also difficult to be apart of at times. There are so many others that have been through this same tragedy and reading their stories breaks my heart.

Recently, I took part in an event called "August 19th, Day of Hope". On this day we made prayer flags for our babies. There were so many prayer flags shared on the page and it takes your breath away knowing that each flag represents a child gone too soon.



I loved having the opportunity to participate in this event. I just hope more than ever that my daughter felt the love and knows what she means to us.

Also, I shared Emery's story on a blog called "Return to Zero", it's for a movie based on a true story of a couple who also went through the tragedy of losing their baby. Below is the link to the story.

http://returntozerothemovie.com/blog/?p=1463

No comments:

Post a Comment